Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas from Mom and Dad

Dustin and I really enjoyed spending time with both of our family this year. We might have started a new tradition. We always struggle over splitting Christmas into two time slots so we get to spend time with both families equally. This year we decided to load the dogs up and go spend the night at my parent's house on Christmas Eve. I hadn't spent the night under my parent's roof since I moved out at age 18- so four years to be exact. I was excited. Lol. We spent Christmas Eve cooking yummy Christmas candy. We laughed and reminisced on past Christmases and various memories. The dogs got to get some much needed love from grandpa and grandma, and I got some much needed family time with my family.

Funny story. I am a list maker- everyone knows that. I had made a million list of things we had to pack in the Cruiser- just for one night! Lol. We had to pack everyone's presents, the ingredients for Christmas candy, my overnight bag, my favorite pillow and blanket that I cannot sleep without, my dogs crate and leashes and junk, and Dustin's clothes. I checked the list a million times while we were loading up. Dustin was in charge of transferring the Christmas candy groceries from his car to mine. He had one task at hand. And he failed. Lol. We got to the parents house and realized we were missing marshmallow fluff, chocolate, and powdered sugar. Guess what is in the back of Dustin's car? Marshmallow fluff, chocolate, and powdered sugar. Lol. Oh, well. Good thing WinnDixie was open. 

Dustin was SO mad at me- which he was really just mad at himself for forgetting the bag and having to get back out in the cold weather. I was SO mad at him for forgetting the bag. He stored off to WinnDixie and my sister mentioned how that was a reason why she is never getting married. Incident's like those are exactly WHY I got married. Before he could get back to the house, we were both giggling at the situation. He would do anything for me, as I would him. 

My parents got me an awesome Shark handheld vacuum cleaner- specifically for people who own pets. That's us! Yay! I knew just what I was going to vacuum up first! Our vacuum cleaner is excellent, but it's big and bulky and doesn't really get up against the base board. The other night I made a mistake of leaving a bag of sweet heat barbecue chips on the nightstand. Guess who else loves sweet heat chips? Ants. I swear I killed 9000 of them that night. My vacuum wouldn't get close enough to the base board to suck the dead ants up. The Shark worked perfectly. I love it. You know you're getting older when household appliances make you happy. 

We also got some super soft hounds tooth sheets that Tinker has already tried out for comfort. I got the necessities socks, makeup, brushes, hair ties, etc. I can always count on Santa to make sure I am stalked up for the year. Dustin got an awesome flash light and knife set- on top of a five pound bag of his favorite candy- Sour Patch Kids. 

Santa also had some cash for us;) The bills keep piling up but I made a pact with myself that I would NOT spend that money on bills or groceries. I rarely do for myself, honestly. I have been so busy making sure we've got everything for the foster care licensing that I've done without the past few months. I decided that once we took down all of the Christmas decorations we would be lacking in home decor. So, I love decorating and with that mind set- I set off to Ross today. And, boy did I bargain shop! I got some awesome pieces! A lot of the things I picked were half off! I am stoked and can't wait to put them up! ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment