Monday, November 4, 2013

Thankful November Day 3- My Mom

Today I am thankful for my mother. She is the ONLY person I want when I am sick. She has all of the answers, and is the perfect person to "spoil you" when your coming down from the flu or just feeling queasy. She is a wonderful role model, and showed my sister and I just how much she loved our family when she made the decision to go back to college after my father fell ill. She did what she had to do to support our family, and I will be forever grateful for that unselfish decision she made. She is a strong person, much stronger than you and I. She is a hospice nurse, and literally takes care of the people who are nearing their last breaths. She comforts not only the sick, but the loved ones being left on this Earth. She is an angel on Earth and she has touched so many lives, including my own.

Around this time last year, my grandmother suffered from a stroke that left her paralyzed on her left side and unable to live alone. She needed constant supervision and help to move from one place to another. My mother gave up her own personal time and basically her own life to dedicate her time to helping my grandmother, her mother. She deals with everyone's bullshit, pardon my French, just to make sure my grandmother is taken care of. She is an amazing, strong, compassionate woman and I am lucky to have her in my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment