Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankful November Day One- My husband.

Day One:

I am thankful for my husband, even on the bad days. He is the only dude on this planet that can deal with me. Seriously. Ask any of the exes, I am sure they will testify. I have more anxiety than a knocked up fifteen year old taking their first pregnancy test. I worry about everything- money, rent, work, family, dogs, cleaning, laundry, etc. Dustin is the complete opposite. He "goes with the flow" most of the time, and if he isn't "flowing" then he is calmly bobbing and weaving. Not only do our opposite personalities work in our favor, but he accepts me for me. He doesn't "pick fun" of my anxieties or make me feel strange or different. He makes me feel loved and accepted and I don't have to walk on eggshells or try to be someone I am not. It's a relief, because in past relationships I tiptoed through what seemed the entire relationship. Dustin has been so wonderful through this entire forster care journey. At first Dustin was very skeptical about foster care. We had actually discussed it a year ago, and he was on the NO side of the fence. I brought it back up five months ago and he was on literally "on the fence" about the situation. Now, not only is he on the YES side of the fence, but he has built a strong, solid foundation on the YES side of the fence and is well on his way of completing the process. He is so wonderful. He attends all of the classes- sometimes encouraging me to go when I am the one saying "lets skip this one". He speaks up in class and though he is skeptical of role playing in front of the class, he has successfully done it once. He does his homework and fills out all of his paperwork. He has been more than willing to help me set up our potential foster child/baby bedroom and has also sorted through tons and tons of clothes. Funny story, Dustin put together the baby crib in the living room in hopes of just scooting it into the bedroom. Funny enough, it wouldn't fit through the door. So, Dustin took the door off the hinges. Still wouldn't fit. Poor Dustin had to take it apart in the hallway and reassemble it once it was slid into the room. I am not kidding when I say he is awesome! I could go on and on about how he was specifically made for me... But, I won't keep y'all any longer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment