Friday, December 13, 2013

Can I get an extensision.... on Christmas?

Christmas is thirteen days away. I think that is right. Is today the 12th? I've lost count. 

I haven't bought any Christmas presents. I haven't cooked any Christmas candy. I haven't sent out any Christmas cards. I haven't done anything. At all. The only thing I've done is eat two holiday shakes- one from sonic and one from Dairy Queen. 

Honestly, I am tired. I am in the Christmas spirit, I just don't have the energy or money, honestly. We've been busy paying bills, and we just didn't budget for Christmas this year. This time last year, we had presents galore. Ugh. Weren't we just celebrating Halloween the other day? 

I am hiding in my bedroom, under the covers, with a glass of wine and my iPad. I need to be cleaning house and doing laundry, but I can't find the energy to get out from under these warm covers. It's been an awfully long week, and I've got to work Parents Day Out tomorrow morning. 

Santa came to school Thursday. I wonder if I was scared of Santa as a kid. The Santa that visited Noah's Park looked (and sounded) like the real deal. No fake beards here. I was tempted to sit on his lap and ask him for a magical, cleaning fairy. Funny thing is, when Santa made the "ho, ho, ho" noise, my stomach turned and for a second I was sincerely frightened. Like, I was scared to death for a split second. I seriously think I uncovered some memory of being severely traumatized by Santa as a kid. 

The kids thought Santa was super cool. But, the kids thought one of our friends new hair-dos was much cooler... One of our friends had Rudolph shaved into the side of his head. Seriously. My students thought this was the collets thing since breast milk. Hah. See what I did there? Instead of wanting a Barbie dream house or a remote control helicopter, all of my kids want a "reindeer stamp" on their head. Hah. I am either going to come back from Christmas and kids are going to be super disappointed or I am going to come back to a lot of very interesting hair styles. I can see it now- I am going to have all of santas reindeer shaved in my classes hair. Fun times ahead, either way. 

And, last but not least, one of my parents have been trying to teach their son about giving to people who don't have as much as them, basically charity work and such. When I was talking to him he said, "I am giving to the poor. The ones who don't have a house or insurance." 

Parenting... SHE is doing it right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment