Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... in my classroom...

Do you know how many times I write Merry Christmas in the month of December? Probably 3834723958392 times! Seriously.

We've started doing making Christmas crafts in the classroom. This week's theme is Candy Canes and Gingerbread. We focused on Gingerbread men and houses on Monday and Tuesday. Tomorrow we are making Candy Canes. 

I am excited about Friday. We are having a gingerbread man decorating party. Let the fun times roll!

Enjoy the pictures of our artwork;) I got all of my ideas from Pinterest. Hah. I admit, I wouldn't creative without the P! 


So, it's kinda strange that the gingerbread men technically have three legs, but, hey, it looks pretty cute, right? 



This is our gingerbread houses. Once you do an art with a class, you suddenly realize where mistakes were made. My mistake? I shouldn't have let them color them multi colors. I really shouldn't have let them use markers. The markers kind of ran when mixed with the wet paint. I think the white handprints (which are suppose to be the icing simulating snow on a gingerbread house) would have shown up better had the roofs been brown. Oh, well. You live and you learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment