Wednesday, December 4, 2013

In other news..

I finally heard back from our licensing agent at DHR. She confirmed that we, in fact, had to take a water safety course due to the fact that we have a pool on the premises of the apartment complex. Really? The pool isn't viewable from our apartment. Not to mention, it's behind pad locked gates and you must go through the office to even reach the gate. I guess it doesn't help that all was said is, yes, you've got to take one. No answer to when, where, what time, who?!? 

I checked Red Cross's website and they don't offer a community class teaching water safety. I called them and they referred me to YMCA. I called YMCA and the lady I needed to speak with wasn't in the office. Go figure. I'll call again tomorrow.

I called another one of the ladies that taught our GPS class and she doesn't think we should have to take it since it's not technically in our backyard. She referred me to the director of DHR. She also referred me to the YMCA if I do in fact have to take the class. I couldn't call the director today, but I am going to try and email him. I don't want my licensing agent to think I don't trust her word, but I want to double check before I go through the trouble of finding a class, paying $50, and getting into an ice cold pool in December. Surely they don't make you do a swimming portion in December...? Agh. 

On the flip side, I got another changing table today. This way I can put one in the room and one in the bathroom. I need one in the bathroom so I can stack the baby towels and stuff on it. I also got a very nice purple bumbo seat with snack tray. All of that for ten bucks;) mega score in my book. 

Hoping to find answers tomorrow...

Oh, and it looks like she won't be doing her next in-home study till after Christmas :( 
Waiting, waiting, waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment