Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fed up.

I refuse to angry post of Facebook just because I don't feel like putting up with the idiots that feel overly confident behind a computer screen. I've got a proposal for the Facebook corporate people- there should be a IQ requirement or an online test people must pass before going public. I know, I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but HOLY CRAP some should keep it to themselves. Normally I would gripe and groan about grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, but, honestly, if I use my crappy android to type a sentence nine times out of ten there is an error because of stupid autocorrect. My fingers go faster than my iPad keyboard, and I am constantly misspelling words or forgetting commas. The only time my work is great is when I type it from the computer with the television off so I can solemnly focus on what I am typing. So, I can't gripe and complain about the lack of English knowledge these idiots on Facebook have, because I've been known to have a few errors myself, but i am about to blow this post up about ignorant, naive, uneducated people whoe are constantly letting their two sense fall out, sloppily, all over the table where it's NOT needed. 

You've guessed it, this is going to be one angry post that has nothing to do with anything important other than me releasing some pint up anger after scrolling through Facebook.

And, yes I know, this is ridiculous, but I don't care. And, for the record, I deleted thirty three people off my so called friends list this morning and the day is still young!! 

First of all, let's start with the most talked about topic on my feed- football. Yesterday was the iron bowl and for all of my non-Alabama readers, that's when the states rival teams play each other. Long story short, Alabama (number one ranked team) sucked, Auburn played much better, therefore Alabama lost and Auburn won. It was a good game. The state of Alabama has some awesome football players brewing in Tuscaloosa and Auburn. They have die hard fans that come together with their friends and family every Saturday to yell and hollar at the television screen in hopes that their team dominates. I love football because it's an automatic reason to get together with your friends and family. It's an automatic reason to eat unhealthy, tail gating foods and drink just a little to much wine. It's a reason to yell at the top of your lungs for both good and bad victories. It's a passionate time for fans, players, and coaches. I love Alabama football because it's what I was grown up around. My daddy was an Alabama fan, therefore, it's in my blood. I love houndstooth, and I look rather good in crimson if I must say so myself. And, to be completely honest I hate the color orange. Football is football. 

Last night a young woman lost her life at a football party in Hoover. Though investigators haven't confirmed if it was over the iron bowl, they are almost certain it is. That's ridiculous. Wow! In six months no one will be talking about this game! But the hurt of loosing a loved one right here at the holidays will be there forever. Ugh! It just makes me sick to think someone lost their life over football. What's wrong with society? I flip on the news and you hear them talking about securing enemy lines to help bring terrisiom to an end, but look around folks! We have United States citizen terrorist living amongst us! How can you kill someone over something so petty? I am praying for the victim and the shooters family. Their life won't ever be the same. 

Everyone deserves to win. And, if you win, you deserve to celebrate. But, there is a classy way to celebrate and a classless way to celebrate. Don't talk down to the other team! Don't boast about an ass whoopin'- because I am here to tell you an "ass whoopin'" isn't winning by one touchdown! Don't call each other names! Lord, am I getting onto my four year old class or am I getting onto grown adults? Makes you wonder, right?

Moving on. 

As everyone already knows, Paul Walker died yesterday from a car crash. It's devastating. I was a fan of the fast and the furious movies also, but I hope that's not what will define him. I didn't know him personally (obviously) but I hope, at his funeral, they talk about his character and his role he played in his family. I know it sounds dumb, but he had to have been more than the "dude that played in fast and the furious". 

I saw something on Facebook on one of his many memorial pages. It said " live fast, die young". That is not the motto we need to promote to today's teens. Lord, that's like saying party hard, it's okay if you wake up dead tomorrow. I don't know all the details of his tragic death. He was an awesome driver, and I think it's safe to say fast cars was his passion. You've gotta be smart though. It's a tragedy. I don't think we should accept the fact that everyone should live fast and die young..


I woke up this morning to my husband scrubbing dog diarrhea out of the carpet next to my bed. Tinker was sick and vomited and pooped everywhere. She had to have a bath which meant no sleeping in for me. Tinker got a bath, laundry was started, carpet was scrubbed, and here I am. 

Mad at the world because people are mean. Oh we'll, I figured this rant would make me feel better and it did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment