Monday, November 11, 2013

Catching Up...

I have some insane catching up to do on my blog. I've learned I absolutely hate typing on my iPad, and sitting in this uncomfortable computer chair isn't the best. I guess I need to invest in a keyboard for my iPad or a more comfy computer chair. To bad the money tree stopped growing last week...

Day 5: I am thankful for my sister, Haley. Haley and I have always been secretive best friends. My parents, or anyone for that matter, might not have thought we got along growing up, and there might have been a lot of name calling and door slamming but we loved each other and would have done anything for each other growing up. She was the best big sister to have around, and I cannot tell you how many times she came to my rescue. One night, in particular she rescued me from a not-so-smart-decision that I made at a party involving lots and lots of liquor. I don't remember much, but, I do remember my sister rushed to my side and made sure I made it home safely. Though we laugh about it now, I don't know what would have happened that night if I had tried to drive home. I was very lucky to have such a loving and understanding sister as Haley. I am lucky enough to work at the same establishment as my sister now, and I am glad that we get to see each other on a daily basis. We might fight and bicker now, but she will always be my "sissy" and I know I can count on her for anything- any time! It means a lot to me that she supports Dustin and my decision to foster, and I know she is going to make a great aunt! 

Day 6: I am thankful for having a place to call home! Not only am I thankful for the wonderful apartment that my husband and I live in, but I am also thankful for the fact that I have a family that always welcomes me when I come "home". I grew up in a three bedroom home in Mineral Springs. My parents moved out of the home I grew up in the summer of 2011. Though I understand their reasoning, I hated the fact of not being able to come back to my home. How could I celebrate Christmas now or Thanksgiving? I had celebrated countless holidays and birthdays in that house. I grew up in that house! We spent every morning waiting for the school bus to pick us up in that drive way! I spent summer after summer throwing the ball in the back yard. We must have walked up that hill a million times, soaking wet from playing in the pool. I laughed and cried in that house! My four legged best friend was buried under the Dogwood tree, and my school pictures once hung in that hallway! I didn't want to let that feeling of "home" go, but I had to face that reality because my parents were moving. End of story. I soon learned that no matter where my parents moved, just being with them at the kitchen table, talking and laughing and spending quality time- that was when I would get that feeling of being "home". It doesn't matter if my parents moved to Florida, I would still feel at home when I am around them. This entire fostering process has opened my eyes to show me just how lucky I am to have grown up with such great parents and such a wonderful family. So, November 6th, I am thankful for such a great home!

Day 7: I am thankful for technology. I am thankful for iPods, iPhones, and iPads! I am just being honest! I was born in a technological generation, and I am very thankful for that! I love technology and I seriously don't think my life would be as great as it is if it wasn't for Apple!

Day 8: I am thankful for my dogs- not just MY dog but ALL dogs! I love, love, love dogs! God made dogs so we would always have hope. Dogs give me hope! They are so loving, forgiving, and compassionate. I absolutely love my two fur babies, Tinker and Puppy! They are such a blessing to come home too! They are the perfect apartment dogs, and for that I am blessed!

Day 9: I am thankful for my in-laws! Though I might not show it all the time, they have helped Dustin and I in so many ways, and I am very thankful that they have accepted me as their daughter-in-law!

Day 10: I am thankful for Law & Order! Whew, I can get lost in Law & Order and once I realize it, three days have passed by! 

Day 11: I am thankful for the Veteran's of this United States. How lucky are we that people are so willing to give their lives for us to have ours? I am so thankful for the men and women that fight to keep this country safe! Not only am I thankful for them, but I am thankful for the many families willing to share their mommies and daddies and brothers and sisters with us! Thank you!

Day 12: (Who am I kidding? If I don't do it tonight, I never will!) I am thankful for one of my best friends and coworkers, Olivia! Olivia is a wonderful listener and always listens to my problems, rants, and/or stories. She is such a wonderful friend and she is always putting people first. She is so compassionate and is an absolute God send! She is a great teacher and the children that she teaches just adore her! She is a great friend, and I don't know if I could have made it through this past year without her! Not only is she an awesome friend and coworker, but she is also an awesome supporter and she has been there with me every step of the way through this foster care process! Love her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment