Friday, November 29, 2013

Rogers Cinema

This past Tuesday we had a "movie night"  in the comfort of our own home. We had hot chocolate, S'mores goldfish, Keebler cheesecake cookies, buttery popcorn, and Christmas cakes. It was one of those rainy and cold nights that made you wanna sip cocoa and cuddle up on the couch, so that's what we did!

We had three red box movies that we hadn't seen yet. Grown Up 2, Hangover 3, and White House Down. We started with Hangover 3 and it was surprisingly much better than the second one. I felt like the first and second one followed each other way to closely in story line. You knew someone was going to be missing, something crazy was going to happen involving an Asian (most of the time naked) man, and in the end everything worked out. The third one was funny, but I didn't think it was as near hilarious as the first one. Regardless, it was good, but I wouldn't watch it again.

We watched White House Down after Hangover 3 was over. Any movie with Channing Tatum in it is alright with me. I did notice though that he always plays a man that no one believes in at first. In Step Up they didn't believe he was good enough to be accepted into that dancing academy and here he is being rejected as a secret service member. I wonder why that is. Lord knows Channing Tatum can play a confident man-- just look at him! I liked the movie a lot, surprisingly. I have never really like action movies, but as I get older I like them more. I loved Red Dawn and The Expendables (1 and 2). Those are both packed full of action. White House Down was really good, and I liked the story line, but I wasn't crazy about Jamie Fox playing the President. I think they could have found someone better. I did laugh when he went and put his Air Jordan's on mid chaos. Lol.

After White House Down I made some Cheesy Hamburger macaroni and buttery garlic toast. We ate dinner while watching Grown Ups 2. Grown Ups 2 was a HUGE disappointment. It was NOT funny to me. I thought it had a sloppy story line, and it was pure boring. I love Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, and Kevin James. I wasn't crazy with Chris Rock's character and wish he could have had more of a natural role. He is hilarious. I don't care for David Spade though and he had more of a lead role in the sequel than he did in the first one. I wouldn't recommend Grown Ups 2 to anyone. 

I returned the movies Wednesday- which I should receive a merit badge for because I am always forgetting to return Red Box movies! I decided to grab three more since I enjoyed the quality time with the hubby. I grabbed The Conjuring, The Internship, and World War Z. I don't recommend any three, LOL. Waste of three bucks!

Dustin really liked The Internship, but I wasn't crazy about it. I do not like the blonde headed guy. I can't remember his name. Owen Wilson, maybe? They both rambled through the whole movie, and it gave me a headache. It was boring and I found myself finding things to go do throughout the movie- laundry, dishes, etc. Lol.

We didn't watch the other two until Thanksgiving night. The Conjuring wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. It's based off a true story, ya know? But apparently it was dramatized or something.. On a 1-10 "scary stale" I would give it a 4. 

World War Z doesn't even deserve a review. Don't watch it. It kills me that they made the zombies super fast. Dumb.

Now, Monday night we rented a movie off of Charter's On Demand. Meet the Millers. Whoa! It was hilarious! It's definitely not a movie you'd want to watch with children, but it was hilarious. There is a guy at work that is always recommending movies for me to watch, and if he recommends it I know it's going to have crude humor and my husband is going to LOVE it. Lol. I love Jennifer Aniston! She is gorgeous and never ages! I was impressed that they didn't show much nudity- other than the spider scene... Hilarious movie. 

We are going to go return these three red box movies, and I think I am gonna grab three more.. I love watching them with my husband. It's like a "time out" from our busy lives. We all need a time out every now and then.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment