Monday, November 4, 2013

The Little Things

One of Dustin's cousins had a beautiful baby boy the day after Halloween. She named him Brantley and Brantley was nothing less than perfect. Honestly, Brantley was the very first newborn baby I've ever seen, never the less hold. Upon arriving to her room- which was a miracle in itself (I swear, there was NO one in the halls- I basically had to snoop around until I was in the right place), Brantley had been taken back for a check up while Mom rested. When they finally rolled Brantley into her room, I couldn't help but cry. Why? I still don't know. He was the most precious thing I've ever put my eyes on. 

It took me at least six hours until I was comfortable holding him. Lol. I had him lying on my chest, and at some point someone made me laugh and my horrible, loud, hyena laugh made his little body jump. An hour or so later, Brantley got the hiccups  Holy smokes. They were the cutest hick ups I had ever witnessed. Babies are such a blessing. 

I had experienced lots of emotions that day, but later that night while I was laying in bed my heart was breaking for all the unwanted babies out there. All the babies that people stuffed in garbage bags or purses. All the babies that were aborted before they were the size of a peanut. All the babies out there that were taken from their parents and placed into foster care because their parents didn't have their best intentions in mind. Then, my heart hurt for those people who would never experience child birth, and for the people who have experienced loosing a child whether in womb or while living. 

I know why God is pushing me to foster. I have this urge to help children and babies in need. God sent me down here to help someone, and I don't feel like I've helped that person(s) yet. I hope through this fostering experience that I feel like I helped the intended person(s) that God has urged me to help. I just want to text God and let him know- I got the message! I am working on it, boss! We are three classes away from being finished with our GPS training. One more step closer to finally being able to help someone. Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment