Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Part One

Today I am thankful that I have a bed to sleep in with lots of warm covers. I couldn't imagine sleeping on a park bench or in a cardboard box. What a blessing it is to have a warm bed to sleep in at night.

I am thankful for having warm running water that allows me to  take a shower in the morning. I am thankful for how convenient it is these days to "hop in the shower".

I am thankful for Covergirl makeup! I don't know what I'd do without being able to rely on that beige 225 to cover up the giant zit on the side of my face!!!

I am thankful for whoever invented tooth paste! My breath is minty fresh and for that YOU should be grateful!

I am thankful that gas prices have dropped and the trip to Clanton didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

I am thankful that God kept me and my family and friends safe today while we traveled up and and down I-65.

I am thankful for the food that my parents and sister made for our delicious Thanksgiving meal. I am thankful that we have grocery stores that bring all of the things we need to make a meal together in one area so we can conveniently purchase them.

I am thankful for my husband and his will to get out of bed this morning to go to work at Ruby Tuesdays. Man, it sucks not having him with me when I travel to my parents for Thanksgiving but I am so blessed to know he is willing to do whatever it takes to keep a roof over my head and food in the fridge. He is wonderful and I love him more than words can express.

With that being said, I am thankful for all of the men and women today that are at work. Whether they are busy keeping a gas station open and running so that travelers have a place to refuel and relieve (lol) themselves. I am thankful for the men and women out there busily preparing the many stores that are prepping for crazy Black Friday shoppers. I am thankful for the police officers, nurses and doctors, firemen, and all the men and women fighting for our country. A holiday is just another day away from their family, and I am so thankful they are willing to sacrifice their time for us. All of these people are awesome!

I am also thankful for my Lord and Savior. I am thankful that He sent His only son to die for me. Wow! How amazing is His love for me! Because of his sacrifice, my sins can be forgiven and I can be reunited with my family in Heaven.

I am blessed. I am blessed as much now, in November, as I am in any other month of the year. Everyone is doing this "thankful days of November" and I think it's awesome that we take the time out of our busy, hectic days to realize just how blessed we are. I know I get discouraged and start wondering why God would punish me- or use one of my favorite lines "It's not fair!". But, in all honesty, I am blessed and am always blessed. I might hit a few pot holes here and there, but I am always blessed to have someone help me get out of those holes- whether it be my husband, my family, or my friends.

I love Thanksgiving. I love being surrounded by my family. I love being able to sit and chat with my Grandma about everything from A-Z. I love laughing and reminiscing about memories in the past. It amazes me how much my Grandma can remember. She is such an amazing lady.

This afternoon after we devoured a peanut butter pie- seriously, one of the best things I've ever eaten- my family got up and went and sat outside on the porch. My grandmother and I stayed in the kitchen and had yet another one of our heart to heart conversations.. Her wisdom amazes me, and I will always cherish the talks we have. She is just as excited as I am about this foster care adventure Dustin and I have started. She is my biggest fan, as am I hers..

Thanksgiving in the Perdue/Longsine home is over, and judging by the snores I hear coming from the den, some of us are down and out. I hope everyone else is enjoying their Thanksgiving. I cannot wait until Dustin gets off at four o'clock, and we celebrate a Rogers Thanksgiving :) Good thing I wore my fat pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment